HP Smart Tank 790 Wireless Duplex All-in-One Printer
Boost productivity with mobile setup, two-sided printing, modern touch interface, and fax, so you can connect, work, and print intuitively. Get outstanding quality and value – up to three years of Original HP Ink included in the box.
A premium printing experience from start to finish
Use the guided, step-by-step videos to quickly set up your printer. Get faster, more reliable connections using dual band Wi-Fi® with self-healing. Easily manage tasks with an integrated, modern touch interface for an intuitive experience. Easily monitor and maintain ink and paper levels with integrated ink tank light and paper sensors.
Your shortcut to maximum productivity
Speed through multi-page documents with automatic two-sided printing. Count on dark, crisp text, and get vibrant colour graphics for all your prints. Streamline workflow with Shortcuts on the HP Smart app. Print, scan, share, and more – in just a tap. Work fast and hands-free – the 35 page auto-feeder helps you complete jobs quickly.
Fully loaded with savings
Get up to 18,000 black or 8,000 colour pages of Original HP Ink included in the box. Print at high volumes at an extremely low cost-per-page with this cartridge-free system. Replenishing ink is clean and easy with HP’s innovative spill-free refill system.
Environmentally conscious printing
This printer is made from recycled printers and other electronics – more than 25% by weight of plastic. EPEAT Silver certified printer: an environmentally conscious choice. Count on easy cartridge recycling at no charge through HP Planet Partners.
Engineered for high-volume printing
Get up to 1,8000 black or 8,000 colour pages of Original HP Ink included in the box.
Automatic two-sided printing
Speed through multi-page documents with automatic two-sided printing.
Your reliable connection
Get faster, more reliable connections using dual band Wi-Fi with self-healing.
HP Smart app
Print, scan and copy from your phone from anywhere. Enjoy advanced scanning for 12 months with HP Smart Tank.
- Product: HP Smart Tank 790 Wireless Duplexer All-in-One Printer
- Functions: Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, ADF and Wireless
- Multitasking supported: No
- Print speed black: ISO: Up to 15 ppm; Draft: Up to 23 ppm
- Print speed color: ISO:Up to 9 ppm; Draft:Up to 22 ppm
- First page out (ready): Black: As fast as 14 sec; Color: As fast as 16 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 6,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume: 400 to 1200
- Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Printer drivers included: HP PCL 3 GUI
- Print quality (best): Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color when printing from a computer and 1200 input dpi; Black: Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi
- Display: 3 in (76.2 mm) Touchscreen MGD (Mono Graphics Display)
- Processor speed: 800 MHz
- Print languages: HP PCL 3 GUI
- Automatic paper sensor: Yes
- Replacement cartridges: HP 32 90-ml Black bottle (~4000 pages), HP 32XL 135-ml Black bottle (~6000 pages), HP 31 70-ml Cyan bottle (~8000 pages), HP 31 70-ml Magenta bottle (~8000 pages), HP 31 70-ml Yellow bottle (~8000 pages)
- Wireless capability: Yes, 2.4/5G dual band Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth low energy
- Connectivity, standard: 1 USB Host; Hi-Speed USB 2.0; Wi-Fi; Bluetooth LE; Ethernet; Fax
- Minimum system requirements: Windows 10, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, Internet connection, Internet Explorer; macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.15 Catalina, macOS v11 Big Sur; 2 GB HD; Internet required
- Compatible operating systems: Windows 10, 7; macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.15 Catalina, macOS v11 Big Sur; (Windows 10, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.15 Catalina, macOS v11 Big Sur; 2 GB available hard disk space; Internet connection; Internet Explorer)
- Mobile printing capability: Apple AirPrint; Mopria certified; HP Print Service Plugin (Android printing); HP Smart app; Wi-Fi Direct Printing
- Memory, standard: 256 MB (Not upgradeable)
- Maximum Memory: 256 MB
- Paper handling input, standard: 250-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard: 100-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing: Automatic
- Media sizes supported: A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS); Envelope (DL, C5, C6, Chou #3, Chou #4); Card (Hagaki, Ofuku Hagaki)
- Media sizes custom: 88.9 x 127 mm to 215.9 x 355.6 mm
- Media types: Plain Paper, HP Photo Papers, HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other Photo Inkjet Papers, Other Matte Inkjet Papers, Other Glossy Inkjet Papers, Light/Recycled
- Media weights, recommended: 60 to 105 g/m²
- Media weights, supported: Plain paper: 60 to 105 g/m²; Envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; Cards: up to 200 g/m²; Photo paper: up to 250 g/m²
- Borderless printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 210 x 297 mm)
- Scanner type: Flatbed and ADF
- Scan file format: JPEG, TIFF, PDF, BMP, PNG
- Scan resolution, optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Bit depth: 24-bit
- Scan size, maximum: 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum: 216 x 356 mm
- Automatic document feeder capacity: Standard, 35 sheets
- File Format Supported: PDF; BMP; PNG; TIF; JPG
- Scan input modes: Front Panel Scan; Copy; Fax; HP Software; EWS
- Scan speed (normal, A4): Up to 8 ipm (200 ppi, mono); Up to 3.5 ipm 200 ppi, color)
- Copy speed (draft): Color: Up to 22 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text): Up to 600 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics): Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum: Up to 99 copies
- Faxing: Yes, color
- Fax transmission speed: 33.6 kbps (Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.)
- Fax memory: Up to 100 pages (Varies based on content)
- Fax Resolution Black (best): Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Fax Speed Dials, Maximum Number: Up to 99 numbers
- Power: Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption: 0.1 watts (off);1.10 watts (sleep)
- Ecolabels: EPEAT® registered; CECP; SEPA
- Operating temperature range: 5 to 40°C
- Recommended operating humidity range: 20 to 80% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 42.75 x 36.40 x 24.03 cm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H): 453.55 x 440.73 x 249.63 mm
- Weight: 7.70 kg
- Package weight: 10.70 kg
What's in the box:
- HP Smart Tank 790 All-in-One
- 3 x HP GT53XL 135-ml Black Original Ink Bottle
- HP GT52 Cyan Original Ink Bottle
- HP GT52 Magenta Original Ink Bottle
- HP GT52 Yellow Original Ink Bottle
- Power cord
- Setup guide
- Reference guide
- Ink caution flyer
- Regulatory flyers
- Cable included: No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included: HP Printer Software
When will I get it?
|Delivery destination||Delivery time|
|Johannesburg, Pretoria Area||1-3 working days|
|Cape Town, Durban Area||2-4 working days|
|Outlying Areas||3-5 working days|
Our picking, packing and delivery is linked to what you order, where you want it delivered and how you choose to pay, so delivery times can vary. Estimates are provided below to help you shop, but always check your order’s Estimated Delivery Date during checkout for the most accurate delivery information.
Applies to items that are marked as in stock at time of placing your order.